KRIEL, Pieter Joubert (Dr ) 
- Born: 3 Jul 1955, Woodstock, Cape Province. South Africa.
- Marriage: HARDMAN, Patricia Louise  on 1 Dec 1984 in Worcester, CP. South Africa.
Noted events in his life were:
• Marriage, 1 Dec 1984, Worcester, CP. South Africa.
• Emigration: Moved to New Zealand, Sep 1986, Christchurch.
• Emigration: Moved to Australia, Mar 2001, Adelaide. South Australia.
• Testing: DNA Testing, Jul 2006. DNA Test was performed in order to check for possible links to other families. Later comparison with Erik Kriel confirmed that we are not related to the Kriel Line. The Haplogroup was predicted to be J2 and this is an uncommon group for Europe. Erik Kriel by contrast belong to the Haplogroup R1b - very common in Europe.
The J2 haplogroup is found in Italy to some extent - it would seem that there might be a Roman link - which is not that uncommon given the intermarriage of Romans and English during the Roman occupation. There is possibly a rich story waiting to be uncovered !
It would now appear that I am related to the Jouberts as a DNA match has been found. The search is now on to discover the actual link. The starting place would be the fact that Helena Christina Cilliers' sister, Rosa, married Frederick Jacobus Joubert. The links between the families is therefore well established.
Pieter married Patricia Louise HARDMAN , daughter of Robert Edward HARDMAN  and Ruth WALKER , on 1 Dec 1984 in Worcester, CP. South Africa. (Patricia Louise HARDMAN  was born on 29 Mar 1958 in Bulawayo. Rhodesia..)